Sunday, February 5, 2012

INDY SUPER BOWL ZIP LINE - THE RIDE OF A LIFE TIME

Rode the zip line at the Indy Super Bowl Fan Zone yesterday.  Before I took the leap, I took a video of my daughter Emily (furthest from camera) and her friend Ashley.  My son Alex & girlfriend Bree followed a view minutes later.

You get to the top of the tower, then go through the gate. Looking out over the city, and down at the thousands of people below, you have a nervous excitement. Then you step through the gate and the workers hook you up to the cable. 

With a bit of hesitation, you step off the tower onto a metal grate step and look down. Everyone with our group shared the same experience:

"Wow (or a 4-letter substitute), that's a long way down."  

The another thought:  "Am I really going to be able to take that step off?" 

But the guide has you sit down (see video), and when you do, you feel the tug & support of the cable, and those nerves disappear. Then you push off and you are the closest you will ever be to flying. You feel the wind, hear the zing of the cable, & see all the colors and commotion of the crowd below. 

I would do it again in an instant.

No comments:

Post a Comment